In an effort to stop or slow the spread of the Coronavirus, the City Council voted 4 to 1 on Emergency Order Number 3 to mandate the use of face coverings, effective immediately, while in public including all essential workers with the following exceptions:
- When at home
- Driving alone in the car or with members of their household
- Children under the age of 2 years
- While outdoors and/or exercising outdoors as long as you practice social distancing of at least 6 feet between others and have a face covering readily accessible if encounter others and unable to social distance. (walking, hiking, golfing, etc.)
- Those who have a medical condition that prevents the use of a facial covering and certified by a medical professional.
- Require all employees, contractors, owners, and volunteers to wear a face covering at the workplace
- Inform customers to wear a face covering – including posting signs and advise those standing in line
- Take reasonable step to keep people who are not wearing a face covering from entering the business
- Refuse service to anyone not wearing a face covering
Face coverings are defined as dense fabric without holes, bandanas, neck gaiter, or other fabric face coverings. They also include PPE, such as N95 masks.
Additionally, the City Council voted to require all persons maintain at least a six-foot separation from all other persons except for members of the same household and medical providers with the appropriate personal protective equipment.