The City of Cathedral City has been apprised of the many safety protocols that Agua Caliente is planning to implement at its Job Fair for its new Cathedral City Casino on Monday, July 27, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. located at the Mary Pickford Theatre, 36850 Pickfair Street in Cathedral City. Personal safety for the job applicants, staff and security personnel is the highest priority when it comes to successfully managing the job fair that will potential hire more than 500 employees.
Here are just a few examples of the safety protocols:
- Everyone must wear a mask at all times (outdoors and indoors) If you show up without one, they will provide you with one.
- No congregating allowed
- Stanchions will be erected with social distancing marked every 6 feet
- Applicants will wait outside until it is their time for an interview
- If you are uncomfortable waiting outdoors, then you can provide a cell number and wait in your car. You may also pick-up an application to take home, fill-out and mail back.
- Interviews will be held in 13 of the 14 theaters
- Each theater will have no more than a 25% occupancy (equal to prior State guidelines). Every other row will remain empty and every third chair will be used.
- The average time any applicant will be inside the theater is estimated to be 15 minutes.
- Between interviews, all chairs will be sanitized
- All applicants will get their own pen (no sharing) and applications will be on cardstock so no need to share clipboards
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available
Agua Caliente Cathedral City looks to fill more than 500 positions over the next couple of months as they prepare for their grand opening later this fall. Exciting positions include, but are not limited to, the following departments: Slots, Table Games, Food & Beverage, Environmental Services, Marketing, Security, Valet, Facilities, and much more!
Applicants are encouraged to do some of the following to ensure a successful job fair experience:
- Create a customized resume tailored for the job you are interested in.
- Have printed copies of your resume to bring with you. The resume that you create to take to a job fair should be limited to one page. Remember, roles that date back ten years or more can be condensed into a section called “Prior Professional Experience,” or something similar, where you include just the employers, your titles, and your employment dates.
- Create an elevator pitch (a short speech—30 seconds or fewer or about the length of an elevator ride) in which you tell someone who you are and what you do. You can also include details such as notable accomplishments, standout skills, your interests, community involvement, or professional goals. Obviously, you can’t include all of that—so think of several highlights and choose which to share based on who you’re talking to.
- Research the company and ensure you know which departments you feel like you may want to speak with when arriving. Please visit our website at: com/careers.
Please follow us on Facebook at Agua Caliente Casino Cathedral City https://www.facebook.com/AguaCalienteCC/ for updates on the latest information and event notifications.
Job Fair Details:
Date: Monday, July 27, 2020
Time: 8:00am – 1:00pm
Place: Mary Pickford Theater 36850 Pickfair St. Cathedral City, CA 92234