Getting outdoors and enjoying our neighborhood parks are important to families in Cathedral City. It’s a place for adults and kids to exercise, breathe fresh air, and see neighbors absent from our lives during this COVID-19 pandemic. The State of California released new guidelines for public playgrounds to keep your family safe and help slow the coronavirus.
Visitors to outdoor community playgrounds must comply with the following requirements:
- Face masks over the mouth and nose are required for everyone 2 years of age or older with caregiver supervision at all times to ensure face mask use.
- Do not use the playground when different households are unable to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or when the capacity limit of [number of children and number of adults] has been reached.
- Caregivers must monitor to keep adults and children from different households at least 6 feet apart.
- Consider coming on different times or days to avoid wait times and potential crowded times.
- No eating or drinking in playground, to ensure face masks are worn at all times.
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after using the playground.
- Elderly and persons with underlying medical conditions should avoid playground when others are present.
- Limit visit to 30 min per day when others are present.
We can all get through this together by doing our part and protecting our families at the same time. When around others outside of your household always wear a facial covering and maintain a safe distance of at least six feet. Before and after touching playground equipment be sure to wash or sanitize yours and your child’s hands. Don’t forget to clean your smartphones often as they are the one item that touches your face throughout the day.