68700 Avenida Lalo Guerrero, Cathedral City, CA 92234

Vacation Rental Hotline

abbc for rent

All homeowners operating a vacation rental are required to complete a Business License Application. For those homeowners operating a short-term vacation rental (30 days or less), they are also required to complete a Homeowners Application.

Property Management Companies managing vacation rentals are required to obtain a business license for not only their property management firm, but also for the individual properties they manage. These forms need to be completed:

Business License Application

Application for Vacation Rental Permits

Property Listings Form

Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) return

For short-term rentals, TOT return is due at the end of the month for the previous month’s rentals, e.g., January TOT is due at the end of February. The current TOT rate is 12%.

The City has a Vacation Rental HOTLINE for citizens to register complaints such as property registration, noise, and trash. The HOTLINE number is (760) 553-1031.

Frequently Asked Tips and Reminders for Homeowners.

This Ordinance was certified on December 12, 2012 and became effective 30 days after certification on January 11, 2013.