- This event has passed.
Shred Event – Stop Identity Theft
December 3, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
An event every month that begins at 8:00 am on day First of the month, repeating until May 6, 2017
To help stop identity theft and as a service to its residents, the City of Cathedral City is hosting free document shredding events. The shredding events are the first Saturday of each month, October thru May of each year.
2017 Dates: April 1, and May 6
Time: 8:00 am to 9:00 am, please arrive early – once the shredding truck is filled to capacity the event will end.
Location: 68510 East Palm Canyon Drive (adjacent to the Festival Lawn)
Examples of Documents to Shred:
- Legal documents
- Medical records
- Financial statements
- Accounting files/records
- Personnel files
- Payroll records
- Bank statements
- Tax records
- Cancelled checks
- Credit card documents
You do not need to remove paper clips, staples, file folders, report covers, envelopes, or binder clips from your documents.
You can bring documents in boxes or plastic bags.
- Limited to Cathedral City residents only.
- Be prepared to show proof of residency
- Limit 5 banker sized boxes per resident or household
- No businesses allowed – this is for residential households only.
- Remove all refuse items from your boxes or bags.
- Items like pens, pencils, or regular household refuse cannot be shredded.
- Your documents will be shredded on site – you will be able to witness the entire process.
- The event is free – there is no charge to shred your documents.
- For more information, contact Deanna (760) 770-0369 or email@example.com