City Council Votes to Mandate the Use of Face Coverings and Social Distancing Until September 30, 2020
At a Special Meeting of the City Council held on Wednesday, June 17, 2020, the City Council voted to approve Emergency Order 3A requiring face masks and social distancing in public settings. Enforcement of this order may include a fine of $100 for the first offense and up to $500 for repeat offenses. Emergency Order 3A will be in place through September 30, 2020, unless extended or rescinded.
Masks and social distancing are required while in public including all essential workers with the following exceptions:
- When at home
- Driving alone in the car or with members of their household
- Children under the age of 2 years
- While outdoors and/or exercising outdoors as long as you practice social distancing of at least 6 feet between others and have a face covering readily accessible if you encounter others and are unable to social distance. (walking, hiking, golfing, etc.)
- Those who have a medical condition that prevents the use of a facial covering and certified by a medical professional.
- Require all employees, contractors, owners, and volunteers to wear a face covering at the workplace
- Inform customers to wear a face covering – including posting signs and advising those standing in line
- Take reasonable steps to keep people who are not wearing a face covering from entering the business
- Refuse service to anyone not wearing a face covering
Face coverings are defined as dense fabric without holes, bandanas, neck gaiter, or other fabric face coverings.