Agua Caliente Casinos, the award-winning premier destination for entertainment in the Coachella Valley, is proud to present the 8th Annual Cathedral City Hot Air Balloon Festival & Food Truck Fiesta, taking place on Friday, November 18 – Sunday, November 20, 2022 in Cathedral City, California. The casino’s very own marquee hot air balloon will kick off the festival with a first flight at Agua Caliente Casino Rancho Mirage on Friday, November 18.
“After debuting Agua Caliente Casinos’ very own hot air balloon in last year’s festival, we are exceedingly proud to be the presenting sponsor at this year’s festival and get back up in the sky with the other balloons,” said Darrel Kammeyer, Vice President of Marketing at Agua Caliente Casinos. “This year, we have balloons coming from all across the world! It is such an exciting and unique event, and we are looking forward to joining our community in the activities. Bring your cameras … the awe of watching a hot air balloon take flight is hard to describe and only a picture will do it justice.”
The official kick-off begins with the balloon launch from Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa Rancho Mirage on Friday, November 18 at sunrise. The Food Truck Fiesta takes place Friday evening and the following, Saturday, November 19, at the Cathedral City Amphitheater. The fiesta will feature a dozen food truck vendors from all over Southern California, a beer garden, tethered balloon rides, a car show, kid zones, live music, and more.
“Ranked as one of the top balloon festivals in the world by U.S. News & World Report, we’re all very excited for the biggest and best Cathedral City Hot Air Balloon Festival to date,” said Cathedral City Mayor Ernesto Gutierrez. “This annual event brings in visitors from all over the country to our city and is a spectacle that stands out each year as one of the most memorable fall events in the Coachella Valley.”
Schedule of Events:
Friday, November 18
- 630A Sunrise Balloon Flight, Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa Rancho Mirage
- 4P-9P Food Truck Fiesta, Cathedral City Community Amphitheater
- 6P Drone Light Show
- 630P Live Music, Continuous Signal – A Pink Floyd Affair
Saturday, November 19
- 630A Sunrise Second Balloon Flight, Westin Mission Hills Resort and Spa
- 9A-8P Festival, Cathedral City Community Amphitheater
- 11A-830P Food Truck Fiesta + Beer Garden
- 2P-6P Car Show + Balloon Lounge
- 7P The Dreamboats, Festival Headline Concert
- 5P-8P Evening Balloon Glow to Music
Sunday November 20
- 630A Sunrise Third Balloon Flight, Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa Rancho Mirage
- 7A-10A Special Shape Pancake Breakfast, Big League Dreams
All tickets for the festival’s special events are for sale at www.hotairballoonfest.com. There is a special VIP 3-Day All Access Pass available for $100. All Cathedral City residents and Agua Caliente Casinos ACE Card Members will receive free admission to the Food Truck Fiesta. All events are open to the public.
To purchase tickets or for more information on the Cathedral City Hot Air Balloon Festival, visit hotairballoonfest.com.