68700 Avenida Lalo Guerrero, Cathedral City, CA 92234

Animal Control Available to Help When the Neighborhood Goes to the Dogs

In June, the City Council adopted an ordinance to amend our municipal codes related to animals so that they mirror those of Riverside County (https://library.municode.com/ca/riverside_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT6AN) with some local exceptions (http://qcode.us/codes/cathedralcity/view.php?topic=10-10_10&frames=on).   This was necessary to effectively help residents handle a nuisance situation when it comes to animals in their neighborhood.


If your neighborhood has gone to the dogs, here are some helpful tips to better address the situations:


Situation 1:

If you have a dangerous or mean dog roaming free in the neighborhood or imminently capable of getting free from their confined area, call 9-1-1 to have police and animal control respond right away.

Situation 2:

If you have a friendly dog roaming free in the neighborhood and you cannot locate the owner to place the dog back into a confined area, then call Riverside County Animal Control at (760) 343-3644 and report it.

Situation 3:

If you have a dog that chronically barks to a point of creating a public nuisance, you can contact Riverside County Animal Control at (760) 343-3644 to report it.  They will have you fill-out a public nuisance form to start an investigation, notify the owner, and then determine the best method to help resolve the situation.  The form in English https://bit.ly/2Tc2DRm and in Spanish https://bit.ly/3kjo2nv


For more information about these and other situations, go to: https://www.rcdas.org/index.php