A full closure of Route 60 between Gilman Springs Road in Moreno Valley and the Interstate 10/Route 60 Interchange in Beaumont will take place the weekend of August 7. Both westbound lanes will be closed Friday, August 7 at 9 p.m. to Monday, August 10 at 6 a.m. One eastbound lane will be closed nightly after 9 p.m. and reopen daily before 7 a.m.
The Riverside County Transportation Commission’s Route 60 Truck Lanes Project is widening 4.5 miles of Route 60 to improve safety and reduce traffic congestion for commuters, trucks, and travelers to and from desert resorts. The completed project will have eastbound and westbound truck lanes, wider roadway shoulders, and other safety features. Construction began in June 2019 and the new lanes are expected to open in 2022.
Crews will be shifting drivers onto the newly paved westbound lanes and moving k-rail. The closure is needed to safely perform this work. Once drivers shift to the new lanes, crews will be able to begin work in the Route 60 median.
DURING THIS CLOSURE, MOTORISTS SHOULD:
- Know the closure will occur from August 7 at 9 p.m. to August 10 at 6 a.m.
- Expect significant delays and allow extra travel time Use Interstate 10 as a detour
- Be “Work Zone Alert” in construction areas
- Recognize that the construction schedule is subject to change
SUPPORT DURING CLOSURE:
- The California Highway Patrol will enforce traffic safety 24/7 – traffic fines are doubled in construction areas
- Weekly construction updates are available – register to receive email updates at rctc.org/60trucklanes
- Follow @60trucklanes on social media for daily closure and project details
- For more information, call the project helpline at 866-413-6060