Thanks to grant funding, Desert Water Agency (DWA) has a new low-income program for grass removal and qualified Cathedral City residents could get up to $6 per square foot to replace grass with drought friendly landscaping.
This amount could cover the entire cost to upgrade, which can save water and money on monthly water bills. DWA encourages customers to apply as soon as possible to get access to this limited funding.
- Desert Water Agency must be water service provider
- Applicant must have grass at the property when they apply
- The customer must have a Help2Others water bill assistance credit within the last 12 months (qualified customers get a $200 water bill credit). Go to www.dwa.org/H2O to apply. Customers can apply for the grass removal program even if you haven’t gotten the credit yet. Income requirements are listed online
- The property must be in a qualified low-income area. Check out this map to see if you are eligible: www.dwa.org/QualifiedMap
- DWA will commit funding on a first qualified, first served basis
- City of Palm Springs contribution is capped at $5,000 per property
For more information or questions about eligibility, call 760-323-4971 ext. 279 or e-mail email@example.com.