68700 Avenida Lalo Guerrero, Cathedral City, CA 92234

New Class II Bike Lanes on Gerald Ford Drive

Construction crews began striping new Class II Bike Lanes on Gerald Ford Drive today. The new striping runs on both the north and south sides of Gerald Ford Drive from Date Palm Drive to Plumley Road and on the south side of Gerald Ford Drive from Plumley Road to Da Vall Drive.  The north side of Gerald Ford Drive in this section is located in the city of Rancho Mirage.

 

Crews will fully complete this nearly $23,000 project by the end of February.  The project funding comes through an Active Transportation Program, funded by an SB 821 grant, the Bicycle and Pedestrian Facilities Program.  This grant is funded through a ¼ cent general sales tax collected statewide.  The SB 821 grant will pay 80% of the project costs while the City of Cathedral City will pay the remaining 20% of the project.

 

These new bicycle lanes are just one of several projects on the horizon to further assist bicyclists in their quest to safely navigate throughout the city.  Best of all, the bicycle lanes offer an alternative transportation option for our residents and visitors.